Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Little Jane

     I had a chicken sit on my head today.
for real.
ha
Ruthie is a new friend that needed
to find a home for her last, lone
chicken.
I dont know why she had just one
I just know she is moving and wanted to get rid of a
chicken.
I stopped by her place this evening
on my way home from Lovington.
There I found a
chicken
who I named
Jane.
She is black and white speckled.
Unfortunately my girls had to act like
bullies.
I think Jane trusted me because
as soon as Nancy and Whoopi
started their bullying crap
she jumped
 right
 up
 on
 my
 head.
I had just sat down
on a sawed off
tree stump that I have in the
chicken
pen.
Bless her little
chicken
heart,
she was scared.
I didn't shoo her off my head,
all tho I was concerned about
chicken
poop
on
my
head.
Fortunately, she didn't poop on me
and jumped down after the coast was clear.
The Nancy/Whoopi tag team kept the pressure up
and Jane jumped up on my leg several times to escape their
ruffle.
The girls-Nancy, Whoopi, Joey, Elizabeth,Sherri,Barb,Goldie,
are so spoiled by having real food from Debbies Cafe
EVERYDAY but Saturday,
they are never really hungry.
D saves the scraps for the girls and has about 3-4
big cans of throw out food for them everyday.
When new
 little Jane
 saw that food
she got excited.
She grabbed a tater tot and ran.
That alarmed Nancy and she took off after her
 followed by Whoopi.
Jane resisted and ate very fast.
This happened a couple more times until Jane decided
she liked this food and
fought
back.
The girls started ignoring her
and she started eating.
A few hours
later......
I went back out to the
chicken
pen
 to check on everyone.
They were all perched on their perch,
Jane right there with everyone.
You know even
chickens
can have all the
love
bones
and toys
they
need.
Welcome home little Jane.
:-)

1 comment:

  1. How funny. I prolly woulda freaked if a chicken jumped on my head.

    Unless I had chickens. Which I don't.

    Ah well.

    ReplyDelete