Friday, March 25, 2011

It Just

keeps gettin better.
I get in my truck to go to town,
nothin special, just get in, start the engine,
and put it in D and go......
Then I hear a scream
and feel a little bump.
oh crap
I turn and look out my window
and                                                                    Wolfy
 is screaming and kinda running/ hopping
away from the driveway towards the house.
I jump out-
well, I don't really jump
I hobble anymore.......
I find Wolfy,
he has crawled under a crate thing
and he just flopped down on his side
laid his little head down
And stopped screaming.
I really thought he was dying.

Lord have mercy.

I have learned the hard way to be very
careful
when you reach to touch an injured animal.
I carefully reached down and caressed his
chest and I could feel his little heart just racing.
I started talking to him and he kinda started moving his eyes
and looked at me.
"Wolfy, are you ok?"
He raised his head and kinda whined.
It seemed his back leg /hip area was swelled.
arggggghhh
He wouldn't get up but didn't seem to be expressing a lot of pain.
He was responsive to me and his eyes got back to normal.
He seemed ok.
He was in the shade
and I needed to get on my way
so
what
else
can
I
do?
So I leave, go do my errands and when
I get back, Wolfy has moved to another spot,
but he doesn't get up to greet me like he usually does when I come home.
When I walk up to him , he gets up and walks, and limps a little.
His leg is the same as it was and had gotten no worse.
Good.
I think he is ok.
As time goes by Wolfy gets better and better.
He now runs away from the driveway when he hears a vehicle.
Part of the reason Justin and I have Little Red and Wolfy
is because my niece Fave, couldn't keep them in her yard, and they would sleep in the street.  She lives in town and her neighbors had
called the law on her several times.
If she took them to the pound,
they would probably be put to sleep,
SO
they live here now.
They do indeed sleep in the road.
I thought they were both run over one day as I drove up to the house.
They were laying all stretched out in the road, not a worry in the world!
Sound asleep.
Crazy little creatures.

Verdell has been very clingy and lovey dovey since he got in such bad trouble
over
Jane.
He knows what he did was wrong.
 He may not, but he acts like he does.
Desiree, my friend who rents our barn and stalls said to me,
"Whats' wrong with Verdell?  He doesn't react to me at all the last few days and seems very sad."
I told her what happened.
After the "incident"
I didn't make eye contact or give Verdell any affection until the next night.
He was so full of anxiety, knowing that things were not as they normally are.
He has since obeyed me so well, and stayed by my side more.
I swear he is going to open his mouth and say something to me by the way he looks at me.
Dad said, "Don't be to rough on him, its just instinct to do what he did."
Yes, I know.
I know now that Verdell knows he can get out of the yard/fence anytime he wants.
He just has to dig.

And dig, he can do.

He's a good boy.





2 comments:

  1. I'm glad Wolfy is ok.

    I remember running over Zelda once. OMG I felt horrible and took her into town to the vet. I'd dislocated her leg.

    What a horrible feeling. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that what we all do? Live by instinct? My instinct is to love you and Z...

    ReplyDelete