Monday, March 14, 2011

It was great!

Dad's 90th Birthday Party was great!

I have to say I am glad it is behind me.
For me,
 there is always an anxiety when you are pulling so many different things and people together.
One of the things I didn't count on
was that
when I walk down the halls of the nursing home
I get occupied by other people talking to me and asking questions
and just general stuff.
I can get to the nursing home,
 and it take me 30 minutes to get to
Mom and Dads room!
The day I took Porsha (one of my chihuahua's) to visit,
 I don't think I ever got her
all the way to Moms room.
 Mrs Stevens wanted
to hold her and did for a couple of hours!
 Mrs Stevens is
 not looking too well lately.
Anyway
I got hung-up helping Laverne
find the bathroom, and then she needed

further assistance.

I was in the bathroom with her for 15 minutes.

I was trying to get Mom and Dad down to the room where the party was.

Oh well,
we all finally got in the room.......
There was a great turnout.
So many people from
E town
came.
How awesome.
Thanks to all!
I think I have said before that my folks are special.
They are.
Its obvious
others
know
this
too.
We did get the room decorated and it looked great!
Linda had the table cloths and our cake and cupcakes were perfect.
Cousin Cathy  sent flowers which I got to pick out,
and it was the perfect center piece!
Several others had sent flowers
and balloons
and I got a balloon bouquet
so it was all so colorful and festive.
Wonderful toys.
The girls at the home go above and beyound to help out, and had the
punch bowl and trays.
 It all came together.
The Lemon cupcakes didn't turn out so good.
I don't think the mix had any real lemon in it.....
(shoulda made it from scratch)
The cake was AWESOME as I got it from Kims.
Her cakes are the best.
The punch was perfect.
We poured Ginger Ale
over
orange sherbert/vanilla ice cream
swirl.
Yum.
Thanks to Tara P's help,
kept it filled.
Spanish peanuts were also served.
We once again
 really did
 have all the
love
bones
and toys
we
needed.

:-)


My family from Colorado came down.
I know what an effort it took for my Aunt J and everyone else,
as she is getting old and it
 IS
 hard to travel,
especially 600 miles.
My cousin from Houston came too.
I love them so.
I didn't tell M & D they were coming
so it was a great surprise.
My Dad and his youngest brother Charlie
looked like twins.
My Uncle Charlie died when he was only 59 or 60.
So young.
Too young.
I knew it would be hard for my cousin to see my Dad
as he looks just like her Dad.
It was.
"I wanted them to grow old together" she said.
Me too.
We didn't get to spend much time together
(me and my favorite cousin).

We both agreed that it wasn't about us this time.

I hope I can meet her in Taos and hunt arrowheads
later in the summer.
Good times too come!

My Dad has a great head of hair.
Unfortunately
he got most of it almost shaved off!
We had to laugh!
It really looks kinda cute,
and he said he told them
he wanted it short.
Well, it is!
He and Mom both looked good.
Mom in her Hollywood glasses.
Dad loved his
"Living Fossel"  badge.
He chuckled
with a little bounce!
He has always had such a good sense of humor.

Attitude is everything!

I vote
True
 on
 that
 Dad!

It was a fast trip for W & T & Chico.

The time change didn't help.

It means the world to me that
they take the time and money
to come all this way.
They are both so good to me
and have such a good
way
between
 them.
 They are so good together.
You can see it.
T is  genuine and real.
And beautiful.
So is W.
 I am
 so proud of them both.
I am
 going to go
see them soon.
I hope
 and plan.
and pray.

I know I have said before
that my family
 is
 big
& colorful.
We really are.
We took pictures of everybodys
"bunch"
 with Mom and Dad.
Each of my two brothers
 and
their
"bunch"
Me and my
 "bunch."
We are smallest in number at
4.
Then the
"Colorado Bunch"
Then the
"Whole Bunch"
What treasures.
I think the only thing we forgot
was a sign-in book or register.
We made-do
with a spiral
and the girls
made sure
to write down anyones name that didn't sign it.
I told Dad I would come up
 today or tomorrow
and read it to him
 and also read all of his cards.
  He got several.
He likes for me to read to him.


Ha
My cousin from Midland
got lost and Justin
had to go get him-20 miles away
Ha
At one point
I ask the nurse
 if we were being
too loud,
 and she said
"YES YOU ARE!"
ha

yeah
Bob treated us to
3 Harmonica solos
He is a GREAT musician
Thanks Bob!
yeah
He and his wife eat at the same table with M & D.
Many of the residents of the nursing home
came and enjoyed the party.
yeah
Happy Birthday Dad!
yeah!

Dad reciting his poem
Cupcake and cake table.



Blowing out the candles!

A good time was had by all!





2 comments:

  1. What a great post!

    Thank you for this. You brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dearie... it was such a wonderful occasion.. I did miss my time with you, but we will have many others and I look forward to them. Love our time on the phone, makes me feel like we're not 10 hours apart. It was so good to see everyone. Hope we can get together this summer. Love you Martha

    ReplyDelete