Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Such is Life

is an expression used by my friend M.
It does fit every situation.
The last few days have been very busy.
M & D are doing well.
I spent Tuesday with them.
Mom was shaky and sad when I got there and then
she was fine.
I worry she gets sad.
I am going to speak to the nurse to see if I can get her back in PT.
Physical therapy makes such a difference with her.
It improves her mind and attitude alot.

I have been feeling guilty again about leaving them.

I know its crazy, but I can't help it.
Its not so bad when Mom is feeling ok.
Dad's blood sugar has been good.
Lots of love going on.
Such is our life.

An old lady friend has been bugging me to give her a pedicure,
well, 2 pedicures,
her and Cloe.
I finally gave in and said I would do it Thurs. @ 10:00 am.
I haven't worked in many months,
so my shop was dusty and dirty.
I spent the better part of the day cleaning and doing laundry at my shop.
I love my place,
and my pedicure chair is such a luxury to have.
It's not real fancy, but I love it.
It is just right for me.
Crazy to think I got it on E-Bay for $250.00,
and had to pay $650.00 to get it shipped.


I know what your thinking.....
Yes, well the only reason I even bid on the damn thing was because I never thought I would get it, and I really didn't know that much about how E-bay worked and besides,  W lived within 2 hours of it, and he could just go get it and wrap it up and send it to me.(from Virginia to New Mexico)
 ha ha
  thats what he said.

Right.
He paid to have it crated and shipped for me .
He is such a good son.
I really do enjoy giving pedicures and massaging peoples feet.
The conversations are priceless.
Talk about good bones.
The things people tell me are all over the place.
I love conversation.
Some people are gifted at conversation and debate.
Some people are not.
There are only 2 kinds of people,
people who listen,
and
 people who wait to talk.
Listening is challenging.
Talking is not.
J is a talker. Definaltely not a listener.
Lips a flappin
I call him.


I cleaned my massage room.
I love my room.
It's very comfortable.



I have a client with a RX for massage 2x a week
I hope it works out  with the insurance. You never know.
 Its always changing.
D and several other clients are screaming at me to start massaging again.
Clean room
Clean table
I'm gettin there.
I do love what I do.
I have missed it.

The wind was horrible again today.
There were alot of grass fires.
I could see the smoke.
 Its kinda hard to see in the picture, but that cloud is smoke!

It scares me.
J and I made a plan in case we have to evacuate in a hurry.
The main thing would be to get the animals out.
J would pick Spur up and put her in his truck.
He would get Porsha, Sha Marie and Hop-Sing in the big crate and in the truck.
I would get Verdells collar and leash on him and get him in my truck. I would continue and get Little Red and Wolfy in the crate and in the truck.
We would then catch if we could, Bonnie, Clydee,Shaggy, and Feona and get them in the trucks.
J would open the gates to the horses and let them out.
I decided I would not turn my chickens out as that would be certain death, and maybe the fire would skip over them, who knows, but letting them out is not the answer. God forbid this ever happens.
 If I'm here by myself, I would just do the best I can.
Our other priorities would be our guitars and pictures.
My first to grab would be my 2008 Rickenbacker Bass
and my telecaster 6 string, and my camera and my mac.
I have most of our important papers in a fire proof box, so..
I pray it never happens.

Such is Life.......





2 comments:

  1. I pray it never happens too.

    Your shop looks great. Go back to work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shop looks great! Write me down for Monday all day... Glad everyone is doing good down there, miss you.

    ReplyDelete