Friday, April 15, 2011

Chores and Change

I have done nothing but work.
Wash, rinse, repeat.
Everywhere I look,
everything screams
WASH ME.
Like my Aunt Cecil used to  say,

"It's not a sin to be poor,
but it's a sin to be dirty."

(Thanks Z)

I bet thats why she moved to Colorado,
 out of this
damn
desert.
She lived by the river.
 Her yard and gardens
 were so green and pretty,
when I saw them.
I always thought about how she had to cross that
said river
to go
 to town,
and it was the same
 Arkansas River
that killed her beloved boy,
Billy,
 just after his HS Graduation.
An unfortunate accident that forever changed her.
Thats what loss does.
You become different.
The world becomes different as each soul enters and leaves.
I see it repeated in my family and friends lives
over and over.
It's not a conscious choice, it just happens.
You cant help it.
It needs no help.
It sounds bad, but it's really just how we are made.
You change when you get married.
You change when you have a baby.
(Your body changes more than your mind when you have a baby)
    at least it did for me....... ha
You change after you win first place.
You change when you come in last.
You change after you witnessed violence.
You change from 11 to 12
or 29-30, or 52-53, or 89-90.......
We change from the moment we are born.

Thats the real bone.

Cleaning,
 the act its self
 doesn't change much though....
(except for the addition of the magic eraser,
it is magic..really)

If you think about it...
cleaning is change...
from dirty to clean!
ha
It does some how
 give me
 a great sense of
 satisfaction
to have  a nice and clean what ever it is...

Friend M and I
 have a fantasy
of
having the dream job
 of being
 cleaning ladies
at the Rainbow Hilton in Honolulu.
Heaven on an island.
Cleaning
with the view of Diamond Head
 out of every window,
with each un-made bed
 and dirty trash can
 a vision of spectacular beauty.
Each room cleaned and changed.
ooooo la  la
Thro in some music,
what else do you need?
Good food, yes
it is on the island too.
Coconut shrimp..mmmm
I would,
 of course,
have a moon-light job
as drummer in a little trio
that played all the cool luaus.
I would fiddle in a country band on the side.
We would forever be changed from
desert rats,
to
island cleaning ladies.
ha
For now,
I've got to battle the desert.
I Thank God for the sunrise and sunsets,
in this dirty desert.
Sunrise
Same Sunrise
 Same day sunset


Same sunset moon
Same Verdell, with Clydee on the right



Same Scorpion, still alive in a jar on the snack bar


Same Same
Thankfully




ma





2 comments:

  1. I so much enjoy reading what you write.

    And I love your pictures. What kind of camera do you have that you can get those kind of moon pictures? I have to know.

    And yes, the only constant in life is change.

    I figure, at least we have that. :)

    I have a fantasy of living on the beach giving hair wraps. Ok. That's one of my fantasies. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pics! I want to go with you and sell hot dogs on the beach with a push wagon...

    ReplyDelete