Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Appointments

     One of the great things about
old people
is they are never late.
They are always early.
If they are late,
you know it warrants a phone call
just to see the cause.
Ya never know....

Last Thursday I had 2 appointments with old women
for pedicures and they were both on time.
Not even too early.
It turned out to be a tag-team as
Anne called Cloe
to head over
( she just lives 2 doors down from my shop)
 when I got finished with her.
It was a graceful exchange.
Anne still drives, but Cloe has a driver
and her "helper", Mary.

I had a client once, that would show up sometimes
3-4 hours early for her appointment.
I had my place inside a big Gym/Racketball fitness center,
and it opened at 5:00 am.
Her appointment would be at 11:00, and she would show up at 7:00.
The front desk would call and say, "Your appointment is here, did you forget?"
arggg,
Of course I didn't forget, she is just old and early.

Anne's pedicure went great.
Cloe's went well also.
I've known these women, or should I say, they have known me since I was born.
Our history is long and winding.
 Lots of love.
They invited me to lunch, but I said no thank-you,
I did have to get on my way after we were done.
They made me promise to go next time.
I made them both appointments for 6 weeks from now.
 Sunflower

It was awesome to have a money bone, well 2 of them.
They both wrote checks.
Cloe wrote in the memo/for line:  "toes".
I love it.
 I haven't made any bones in a while.
Nice.

ma

1 comment:

  1. :) You haven't had an appointment with my mother.

    Good for you! Love the money bones.

    ReplyDelete