Saturday, April 23, 2011

I love Rock and Roll

put another $100.00 in the gas tank so I can
go do it
again!

I was invited to come and play
 electric bass
with a couple of musicians I know.
D the guitar player.
R the drummer.
Both rockers.
They dont play ANY country.
Dont even know any country.
(I love all music,
 but I am a rocker
 1st and foremost :-)
Both my age, both good musicians.
I have known them both for many moons.

FINALLY!

God, its been a long long long long time,
since
 I've
rocked.
Rock and Roll
 is truely an art form.
Music itself is so amazing.
I love it.
Big bone.
Its midnight blue, but looks black in this picture.

You can kinda see the blue in this one.


I was reminded how physical being a bass player is.
That thing is heavy.
I was bound and determined to load my stuff
my self. 
My amp
 (it is really Justin's amp, he picked it out and bought it)
has one, 12 inch speaker.
Its heavy, but not THAT heavy. 
I CAN DO IT.
When I lifted it and leaned back to put it in the back of my truck,
I had a self-chiropractic moment.
crack..............
I sucked in my breath
 and
 looked wide-eyed into the sky
and 
waited for the pain.......
but it never came.
IT  FELT  FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC  !!!
Oh my Lord.
 I moved a little slower with the rest of my stuff
because I 
just
knew
my back
would have to start hurting soon.
It always hurts.
It has felt better ever since.

:-)

"......but if you try sometimes.....
....... you get what you need"

True Mick.


We played:
stuff we made up,
 and prized picks from:
Grand Funk Railroad
Jimi Hendrix
Pink Floyd
AC/DC
Santana
Bob Dylan
Lynyrd Skynrd
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Yes
Buddy Holly
and a bunch I don't really know about.
It was so much fun.
Its like riding a bike
once you get going.
I have always loved the raw sound of a trio.
bass, guitar, and drums.
Simple, raw, and clean.
Same way I like my food.
My 'rig'
' blue'em away'
haha
 and the amp was awesome!




Sandra came after she got off work.
but didn't bring her guitar.......(the strings need changing)
                                                 ((she has since changed the strings))
poo

She is so talented,
 and she did play D's  tele,
 and she sounded AWESOME.
We cranked Knocking on Heavens Door and La Bamba and other stuff, and I let D play my bass.
     I sat back and watched and drooled.......
and smiled.......and drooled more.....

Nice toy.
The sound is so cool.

One of my favorite parts.
USA-USA-USA-USA-USA-USA!


Sandra can draw, paint, write, teach,
 play guitar(very well)
and she takes care of herself and others.
Yeah S !  Ring your bell !
I will have to share some
Sandra
  bones
 at a later time.
I have quiet a few!
We were
 in a band together
 for many years and have
 had a blast
 and
 were blasted
 a few times.
ha

We stayed late for us.
which was about 9:30-10:00.

We did stop and cook burgers between 5:30-6:30 or so,
(I was starving)
  I fixed a salad. (I tried a new dressing-Lite Red Wine Vinegrette)
 I liked it!
 The burgers were good too.
 R had a couple of motorcycle friends come by.
 Nice toys too.
I love that sound.....
R has a nice patio
 and the
           desert is nice
                       in the evenings.

We had FUN.
Thanks D and R
 for asking me to come out and play,
 and sharing your toys.

"For those about to Rock,
We salute you."





ma






1 comment:

  1. Now that sounds like a fun day.

    I'll stick to music appreciation. :)

    ReplyDelete