Friday, April 1, 2011

Happy Birthday

Call him weird or cute,
or choose the word you like best,
J likes to sew,
he likes to iron clothes,
he loves clothes,
he once owned a western wear clothing store,
(he is a real cowboy you know)
as I write,
he is making a new phone case for his new phone,
and he INSISTED
we get a new washer and dryer.
He had the money for it.
It was his birthday.
We are Americans.

The pair I have been using were older than our grown children.

They still worked, kinda.
They are very clean.
They are Moms.
Notice even the peel off instructions are still on the top of the washer.


I can find an emotional attachment to anything.
I was sad when the new machines came.
All I could do
is see my Mom standing in front of that damn machine for the last 40 years.
Now, I am getting rid of them.
Out with the old
In with the new!

Lord have mercy.

My sadness quickly dissipated when I saw the oil and water leaking under the washer,(I already knew about this leak, as I had cleaned up the oil before, it had gotten much worse)
and yes, we were wasting a lot of electricity because the dryer didn't really dry the first or second time through the cycle. And yes, the new ones are pristine and made in Kentucky! Go USA!
Support your local country.




I think J had a good day.
They gave him a cake at work
Anyone and everyone that matters to him called him,
so he was happy.
I made him a pumpkin pie,

 and I was gonna make stuffed jalapeno's
but it got late and he had a few calls from work,
so I will do them this weekend.
We went up to the townhouse and changed the water from tree to tree.
It was a beautiful night.
I gifted J with a new guitar tuner and a new pair of cargo shorts, and 2 new t-shirts.
Its not everyday you become 54 years old.
you only do this once in your life.

Happy Birthday Muffadee!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a wonderful Birthday!

    Happy happy birthday!

    Yay new washer and dryer. You still have pictures of the old one and the memories.

    Love you cuz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy happy birthday Mr. J... Sounds like you had a wonderful day... wish I could have been there with you to celebrate... Love to you both!

    ReplyDelete