Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Greatest of These is Love

     I think we all understand what I mean when I speak of love.  We love each-other. We love our country. We love certain foods. Love, we understand.
     Bones, I may need to explain.
Bones mean the heart of the matter.  What something is made of,  Its constitution. Its what makes a rose a rose. Bones make me, me and make you, you. Bones are food. Bones can mean many things. One of my bones today was banana pudding. Great bone.
   Toys are pretty self-explainitory.  Toys, things that are fun.  Things that bring us joy. Toys aren't just material things, but can be spiritual and imaginary as well.  We all have our favorite toys. My fiddle, my sewing machine, my stuff. I love to play. I love to cook, I love to create.
     I truely believe love is the salvation of us all.  All we have to do is fill every humans heart with love, and the world would be fine.  Yes, I am a dreamer, but I am not the only one.  
     I first used the expression Love, Bones, and Toys, playing with my German Shepard dog Verdell.  He is a magnificent dog and I love him alot. He is the first dog I ever had that really liked the Milkbone dog biscuits. We would leave the box open and let him have one anytime he wanted. He loved it. Still does.  He would gather his toys and get a bone and just be happy.  He has it all.  All the love, all the bones, and all the toys.  Verdell is the happiest dog in the world. Really.  I will share  the stories I wrote about him as a puppy. He was always doing something. Verdell will be 7 years old this year, in October. They grow up so fast......Verdell has given me alot of love.
     This is my first blog, so I don't know where to start, stop or get off. 
     I will tell you this...Today was the coldest day I can ever remember.  Its 4 degrees right now. It was 15 below wind chill factor.  It's not supposed to get above freezing for 2 more days, and my water has been frozen for 2 days now.     
   You don't know what you've got till its gone.......yeah buddy.  
     It's a mystery why the water went off when it did.  I don't know why I still have water in the laundry room, but no where else.  I probably have a water leak out side somewhere, and it will unthaw and then we can find it.  I know I am tired of this not having any water. I like running water and flushing toilets!
      Thank God Justin brought water home for us. Lots of good love and bones today. Not much time for toys. Thats ok, I know where they are. 
     

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I'm glad you started this. What a neat way to get to know each other better.

    And what a cool analogy. :)

    Our hot water has been frozen in the kitchen for a few days now. I hope it thaws out today and I hope your water thaws out soon and you don't have a leak!

    ReplyDelete