Tuesday, February 22, 2011

First Sight of Green

I saw the first sign of green in the trees today.
 It is just a hint, but it is green.

 It has been very warm since our record cold temps.
I love it!

I am ready for spring.

With all the new life of Spring,
it also brings to me the memory
 of the death
 of my little boy
Luke.
I do re-live those days..
only in my head.
Its no big deal.
It's just memories.
 He got sick on April 21st 1982 at about 4:00 pm.
We buried him April 29th 1982 about 4:00 pm.
I call them
my black days.

Yesterday
my friend Sandra came down
and we went to lunch.
We had some good bones.
You know your in a small New Mexico town
when your cook thinks you want green chili
in your cream gravy.
I ordered a side of green beans, and the cook
thought it said green chili. Why she put it in the gravy, is
like I said......small New Mexican thing.
Sandra wanted her Chicken Fried Steak,
and she got it with green chili cream gravy too.
Another first at my age.  Never have I had green chili cream gravy.
Did we return the plates of green chili cream gravy over Chicken Fried Steak?
Hell no.
We ate it all.
It was really good.
We also found good fortune
as
my friend Tom Toe came in
and sat down with us.
Fellow
 musician
 and Christian
 and Friend.
He ended up buying our lunch,
and sharing a piece of strawberry cheesecake
with us girls.
We felt gifted.
We gathered up the leftovers for the chickens
and headed over to my shop to meet the plumber
who was there fixing the broken pipes.
We got that conquered
and went over to Jakes Guitar Shop.
I had left an amp of Sandra's there for her,
and Jake had tried to fix it.
It was not fixable.
Someone had poked a pencil into the 1/4 inch plug-ins.
We suspect kids or drunk relatives.
Now we are shoppin for a new amp.
We played a couple guitars and Sandra
bought a new tuner.

"I want one, just like hers"
Sounds like a line to one of my songs
ha it is! I really do want one of these new tuners.
It is cool.

Anyway,

we played with Jake and had a good time.
He made a mandolin that I really want..
It is officially on my list of wants and needs.

Sandra headed home.

I talked to Mom and Dad.
Mom had spent all afternoon at the Beauty Shop
there in the home.
She was having a good day.
Lots of love, bones and toys for us all today.....

1 comment:

  1. What a cool post. Full of memories, good things and sad things.

    You write very very well.

    ReplyDelete