Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Falling Pecans

        I went outside to pick up pecans under our trees, and one dropped off and hit me in the ear!
First time that ever happened.
 It hurt too.
Another first-at my age!
  I looked up and a blackbird was trying to get a pecan for herself and a few more fell. Thud, thud, thud.  These pecans are perfectly round and very big.
 When you pick one up and crack it open, and  put it in your mouth, to me it is a little piece of heaven on earth.
  Its as good a little t-bone steak, or the perfect bite of coconut shrimp, or the perfect bite of red-velvet cake.  It is awesome.
Hear-tell they are good for us too.
mmmm.... pecan pie.




1 comment:

  1. Gotta love good firsts after age 40. Ha!

    Mmmmmmm.....

    I sure do miss the pecans Uncle Will used to send up here.
    Pecan Pie
    Roasted Pecans
    Snowball Cookies
    Italian Cream Cake...

    ReplyDelete