Monday, May 9, 2011

Mom

really hates to have her picture taken.
She gets it from her mom,
my grandmother
Mi Mi.
Almost every picture I find of Joe Lee Hill Dunham
(my grandma)
it has her face scratched out.
It makes me so damn mad.
She got REAL MAD at us kids one year for taking her picture
and then we all got to laughing at how silly she was acting and she got even
madder at us.
Mom was in on the laughing too. She got in trouble from Mi Mi.
It was priceless.
Anyway,
I got Mom to look into the screen on my camera that flips out the side, so I took our picture today.
Once she realized I snapped a photo
she quit looking.
I love her Hollywood glasses.

W
 sent us both flower arrangements.
He is my perfect son.
He is very good to me
and his grandparents.
Being  W's mom
is the best thing I've ever done in my life.
I am so proud of him and T & C.
I can't wait to be a grandmother-when ever that happens.
Thanks W for making me a happy mom and being such a good son.



Mom was so happy about her flowers.
 I am too. I love flowers.
 She will never throw them out, she will dry every single flower and make a potpori bowl of dried flower petals.
She remarked today how they (the cleaning crew) threw the last ones away when she was drying them.

We went down to the activity room for "live music."

Fun bones.
 I really wanted to listen, but as soon as I walked in they put a fiddle in one hand and  a bow in the other and made me play.
We played for a couple of hours. 
I was lucky enough to get to play a Martin 6-string guitar
 which was just awesome.
Its like driving a Jaguar.
The fiddle was ok,
but the bow sucked so bad
 I swear I was in Texas for a while............

I ate supper with M & D. 
Thats always an adventure.
The food is good and the dining room is "busy".
They have a pretty good system and it works out pretty well. 
It was getting dark, so I started making my way to the truck to go home.
Mom "wheels" out to the truck with me, but then I have to take her back inside.
It is kinda funny.
 I can't drive off and leave her in her wheel chair on the sidewalk.
That would be like leaving a two year old alone by the street.
It ends up taking quite a while to actually complete the "leaving" process.
Mom has always done that-
prolong the good-bye process.
She would stand at the front door of the house and go-
"Well......"
I would be getting in my car and say
"huh?"
She would reply "Well......."
"huh?'
"Well......"
"huh?"
I would walk back to the house and she would say
"Well........be careful"
"Love you"
"ok,  I will, love you too"

I guess some habits are just to hard to break.




ma













1 comment:

  1. I always loved hanging out with Aunt Dot. I loved the way she talked, her accent, her words.

    I don't think I've ever met either of your sons though.

    ReplyDelete