Monday, October 31, 2011

There Was A Bird In My Room

Crazy thing.
I walked into my room, and saw something kinda fall down the wall
behind the tv.
All of a sudden,
it flies up and crashes in to the window.
It's a real bird!
How in the hell did it get in my room?
How did it survive getting by Verdell and Hoppy?
I always heard that it was a bad omen to have a bird fly in your house.
This bird flew in my house, thru the hallway, around two, maybe three corners,
and into my room.
How weird.
I imagined the small little lice flying off as it soared over my bed.
I imagined the poop it could poop as it kept flying.
How do I catch it?
I holler for Justin to come look at it.

It flew into the window and was very scared.
Justin just walks in and gets right up to the window and grabs the bird.
Just like that.
It is caught.
What a guy.
I want to see the bird so I say, "oh, let me see"
Well, J tries to let me see, and the little turkey gets away and is flying around my room again.
Once again, J just reaches over and gets the little bird out of the window.

He takes is outside and it flies away.

This is not the first bird in the house. A few years ago, I drew a picture of Justin and had it setting out, and a bird flew thru the front door and pooped down the front of it.
For real. 
I couldn't bring myself to clean it off.
The poop just seemed to belong there,
and adds an element no one seems to forget.

As far as the bird being a bad omen,
forecasting death and destruction?
Not too scared today.




ma







No comments:

Post a Comment