Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Damn Cactus


I saw this beautiful Golden Barrel Cactus at Wal-Mart and I had to have it.

It was in a black plastic container and I wanted to put in in something better.
The pot it ended up in is this clay pot in this picture.
Getting it OUT of the old and into the new pot was difficult.
I get my leather gloves and have the pot and I am ready to give it a move.
Well,
I lean it over to kinda get a grip on it, and the damn thing
rolls out of the black container and rolls onto my right foot.
Oh, my Lord in heaven.
Now, look at all those beautiful golden spears sticking out of this cactus.
As it rolled onto my foot, each and every thorn that could easily penetrate my bare foot ( I had my sandals on) 
DID penetrate my foot.
They are so sharp, they go very deep in to my skin, and as you can see, it is a fairly big Golden Barrel Cactus, so its weight 
HELPED THE PENETRATION OF THORNS INTO MY FOOT!
Very painful bone.
I managed to get the damn thing off my foot and in the pot.
 The pot is really too small for it,
 but
 too bad,
 so sad. 
I'm not messin' with it again.
A week or so later, my big toe started hurting me.
I take a look, and would you believe,
a thorn from that damn cactus had broke off
right in the part of my toe between the nail on the side and the skin.
 Ouch.
 It was a really big broken off thorn.
man o man
it hurt.
I got it out. Its ok now.



It does look nice in my rock garden.




Cow Crippler



These are from Texas! My brother Ben brought then to me!
Thanks Ben!

This picture shows my Black Diamond watermelon vine growing over the Golden Barrel cactus.
I can't wait for a watermelon!




Pretty Clouds


Pretty Verdell








ma


No comments:

Post a Comment