Sunday, January 13, 2013

At Last


 I am a Grandmother!

Gram
Amma
Me Me
Me Maw 
BeBe
Maw Maw
Na Na
Na nul
Mammy
Hammy
Grammy
I cant wait to hear what he will call me.
I don't care what he calls me-
just call me!
LK 12 hours old


Luke Ka'eo
 is here
 and he is the most amazing,
 wonderful, healthy, beautiful
 baby in the world.
I am so thankful!
I fell in love like I never knew existed.
I have heard of such love and always went-
yeah, yeah,
your grands kids are cute.
bla bla
bone.
Now I know what all the fuss is about.
LK, Chico and I

Chico never got too far from his new brother,
and has been such a good boy.
He is so happy to have Luke!

I truly can't wait
 to have a relationship with my grandson.
I feel he will be extraordinary.
He has extraordinary parents!

"An excellent recipe"
as T said.
I agree!
He is going to grow up in an amazing time.
I can't wait to see what he thinks about things,
his ideas, his imagination, his personality!
I want to know him.
I have to say,
 I am already so sad that we are on opposite sides of the county.
I have to not focus on that,
 which I think I do pretty good,
but it does
 bum
 me
 out.
I have to not let it bother me,
 and as Luke gets older,
we will use all tools at our disposal
to keep in (I hope) continuous contact.
He will need his own iPhone soon!
I hope to spend extended periods of time with him.


It was already Lukes first Christmas.
We were apart in miles but not in our hearts.
They came home and spent his first Thanksgiving with us
which I am so thankful for!!
We had such a good time.
He is growing so fast!
We took a 4 generational picture.
Nice bone.
I am very proud.

4 generations
Dad, me, W and LK


Mom was so excited about the arrival of Luke.
He was born only 24 days after she died.
I want to think somehow their souls
know each other
as they were each in the human transition at the same time.
She would be crazy about him.
Living
 in the circle of life.
I can say I swam that deep, deep ocean,
I think I am still in the water.


One
 (of the many)
 sweet,
 cute things
 that T does with Luke
 is sing to him.
W ask T to sing 
At Last
to him,
and when she did,
oh my gosh,
Lukes little eyes
lit up
 and his full attention
 turned to his Mama.
It was precious!!
You could tell he knows her voice
and he just listened and had such a cute response to her singing.
T truly has a beautiful, strong voice.
I love to hear her sing.
She sang-

"At Last-
-My Luke
 has come along."

How fitting for us as a family.
Luke is named after W's brother
(my second son)
Phillip Luke,
who died of meningitis
 at age
3 years, 8 months, 11 days old.
It is so special
 that they named
 Luke Ka'eo
 after him and means a lot to me.
Lukes'
second name
Ka'eo,
is Hawaiian
 and means zealous, strong and full of knowledge.
I love his name.
It already fits him well.
His maternal grandmother
 L,
 T's Mom
 (who I love very much)
suggested the name
and it is so perfect,
as is he.
Look at that precious face!
He is one happy baby
and one happy grandma!




Luke Ka'eo,

at last

you are here!
 I can't wait to do all the things we are gonna do together!

I love you!










Jill McCasland






2 comments: